Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Liam and Regan's Mom

I personally feel that Liam and Regan's mom isn't exactly playing a very motherly roll in her kids' lives. While I understand that she has to work, she still should give her kids the time of day and at least acknowledge them a little. It just seems that every time she appears in the book (which isn't very often) she's already on the phone or she gets on it immediately afterward. Perhaps being there to support her children and listening to them might bring them together (as a family) more.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really know what to think about the mom yet, although all we see her doing really is talking on the phone with Andy, and we hear about all the pills she takes. So far I'm thinking she's not a bad mom in how she mothers, but I think she could be more involved in their lives and decision making. I think she just kind of goes along with things, but doesn't do anything to really help the problem at hand, she just tries to make it go away by taking away the thing that was the problem at that moment. (The example I was thinking of was the tuna casserole from earlier in the reading).

    ReplyDelete